Nokia 6.1, Nokia 7 Plus, Nokia 6.1 Plus gets Android 10
- January 8, 2020
Keeping its promise to make Nokia phones (under Android One programme) better over time, the company is on a spree of updating the software of its latest phones. Nokia has rolled out Android 10 for th....
HMD Global-owned Nokia today announced that the Nokia 6.1 Plus, Nokia 7 Plus (Review) and Nokia 6.1 now join the Nokia 7.1 and Nokia 8.1 as the latest smartphones to join the Android 10 family of phones.
The Nokia 6.1 Plus, Nokia 7 Plus and Nokia 6.1 are all part of the Android One programme, that promises three years of guaranteed monthly security updates and two years of OS upgrades. With the Android 10 roll out, these three phones have now received two major OS updates, assuring Nokia’s commitment to make its phones better and consistent over time. software upgrades.
Nokia users will now be able to use below mentioned features with Android 10.
- Gesture Navigation: Your phone will now be faster and will offer intuitive controls at the tip of your fingers.
- Smart Reply: You can now compose smarter responses in messages, not just wording but actions also allows you to take additional actions.
- Privacy Controls: Android 10 gives you more control of your personal data all in one place. You can now control when your location is shared with your apps – be that always, or just while in use, or never.
- Focus mode: You can block out distracting apps when you need to concentrate on what’s important (available in Beta).
- Family Link: Part of the Digital Wellbeing settings, this feature will help parents set digital ground rules for the whole family.
If you use any of the above mentioned five Nokia phones and want to update to Android 10, you might have already got a notification about the update. If not, you can manually check for the update by going to the Settings --> About Phone and then tap on System Update.